It is with great enthusiasm that I announce my desire to seek a second term on the Lawrence City Commission. My work for ALL of Lawrence has been rewarding, and I have a strong desire to bring proven leadership to the City Commission again and help lead our community forward.
Over the last four years, I have learned a great deal about this community, and have worked hard to gain the trust and respect of all Lawrence citizens. By serving on various Boards and Committees, I’ve listened to the ideas and concerns of residents across our city and have consistently addressed the needs of all community members equally.
A few accomplishments I’m most proud of that have made Lawrence a better community…
- Leading the city through the recent economic downturn, without sacrificing services, raising property taxes or furloughing city employees.
- Creating a partnership that launched our area’s first business incubator facility and acquiring another facility to promote small business success.
- Re-establishing a focus on repairing and maintaining our city’s infrastructure.
- Serving on the Lawrence/Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Organization that has directed state and federal dollars toward local transportation improvements.
- Solidifying the future of our public transportation system by making it more environmentally efficient and coordinated with the University of Kansas bus system.
- Gaining control of the Farmland Industries plant and implementing a plan that will bring the property back to its best and most productive use.
- Developing a Climate Protection Plan through our city’s Climate Protection Task Force.
I believe Lawrence is making progress, but we still have important work ahead. Using the skills I acquired during the last four years serving on the City Commission and by capitalizing on the many partnerships I have developed with a wide variety of citizens, local leaders and agencies, I want to help continue the progress and strengthen Lawrence for future generations.
In order to have a successful campaign, I’m asking for your support and encouragement during the upcoming election season. Please take a minute to visit the “Get Involved” section above and also the “Mike Dever for City Commission” page on Facebook to offer your support. Together, we will continue our city’s progress and serve all of the citizens of Lawrence, Kansas.
I am grateful for your confidence and support!